Sunday, July 12, 2015

Took the girls to the mall, yesterday. I love spending time with them. While we went to take some copper mugs to get engraved, Hot Topic was high on the priority list for a visit, too. We got a few items for school & some sugar skull Star Wars stickers for me. We looked through a few more stores ranging from Disney to Aeropostales. As we "splurged" and actually ate in the food court, we had some serious & not so serious conversations... I look forward to those moments.

On the car ride home- just to keep them talking, I explain the puppy I saw the other day- a small, puffy Husky- on a leash with two young boys. I explain how he was sniffing & tugging on the leash.

Seeing Hannah had her headset on, I ask her: "What would you have named it if it was your dog, Hannah?"
(Rather irritated that I interrupt her music, she takes off her headset. I repeat the question & she graciously plays along with the conversation.) H: "That depends. Are you talking a grown dog or a puppy? I have a name; but what would you name it, first?"
Me (blurting without hesitation a ridiculous answer): "Huskers"
--silence--
Jillian: "And this is why we don't consult you..."

We all laughed & discussed appropriate puppy names for gray dogs (Gandalf the Gray), large & small dogs (Mort) and pugs... :)

As long as they can talk to me about "anything", I hope they will...

I am not a "baby" person. Some people LOVE babies. In my opinion, they are a lot of work with little "payback" & little sleep! When the girls started interacting with us & they were able to communicate with me- even slightly- I started falling in love with them.

As they become young teens, I enjoy seeing the world from their perspective. They certainly have more opportunities than I had at their age. I enjoy their company and I enjoy laughing & working with them.

I say they are good people, not as a biased mom, but as an honest, frank person. I look forward to seeing what they become.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment