Tuesday, July 21, 2015

I worked, last night, came home, ate & stayed up to watch an Adam Sandler movie. I KNEW I wouldn't wake up early to run but was OK with it. I need to get acclimated to the heat for some pretty warm races coming up, soon. I was so out of it, I forgot to take caffeine. I negatively questioned if I could get it done but brought none with me. (I take caffeine pills. I don't drink coffee, tea or colas- just can't choke the tastes.) Jim rode his bike & we did 3-ish mile loops on the Brown trail at Oak Openings because it has a lot of shade. It made it tolerable & the parts with no shade were REALLY hot! I DID take my inhaler & I suspect that is what carried me through. My strategy was 2 small tangerines for breakfast & a Tailwind drink at every mile. It worked! 7 miles at a moderate pace-- done!
(I look like I have old lady shoes! I promise they are Newtons.)

No comments:

Post a Comment