Sunday, July 19, 2015

Detroit is my Litmus test. Last year, I was undertrained & knew it going in. I did it, anyways. It was my worst marathon to date-- however, considering how "broken" I was, I am proud I finished. I am optimistic for this year. Training is going better.
 
I am being asked to man the Detroit expo-Glass City marathon booth! That would be cool! I'm booth nervous & excited! I'm not sure what this entails; but, I am willing to help & gain experience. I am hoping not to man the booth, solo.
 
I wish I wasn't the only runner in my house. It gets lonely being excited about this stuff by myself. No one else understands my pre-race jitters, my desire to plan, the deciding of a race because of race bling, the love-hate feeling at the start line & wanting to avoid late nights... It gets lonely pounding miles, solo... but I am grateful I receive no opposition, either...
 
So-- I plan Detroit. I plan Woodstock. I plan Glass City... other 5K's & 1/2 marathons that come up are extra bling...
 
The race schedule is shaping up. Miles to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment