Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7 mile run, yesterday. I'm biting at the bit to get out there, today; but I have to get some work done in my office before I head out to work. I'm trying to "rest" before tomorrow.

Long run, tomorrow-- I have butterflies-- as usual. My INKnBURN clothing helps me put on my game face. It gives me a confidence that I didn't have before... I have Tailwind to keep me powered through my miles & Newtons to protect my tootsies. I know I can do it & still doubt if I can do it. I picked tomorrow for a long run, as the weather will be a bit cooler than Friday or any time over the weekend.

This is what happened, yesterday. It was a surprise & a great story, afterwards. :) The trails are adventurous & enjoyable- always-- despite bugs, thorns, mud or downed trees.

I have two big races this Fall & both will take a toll. I have my first 50K ultra trail run in September. I haven't signed up "officially". I have my hotel room and have the date set aside but I am scared. *Butterflies just typing this* I also have a road marathon in Detroit- less miles but pounding pavement for 26.2 miles is tough... I have my registration and room, already, for Detroit. In the meantime, I prepare by running on both terrains.

I "should be" and "could be" doing more but that is always the case. I'm in a better place than I was, last year in my training.

I have things in place that I didn't have EVER before-- I am nervously optimistic...

No comments:

Post a Comment