Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Not my fastest pace, this weekend-- but an automatic PR because it was my first 10 mile race. 😜 Fastest "comfortable cruising" pace for a training run- considering there were 4 over passes and a couple more small inclines. I'm happy that I had a bit to pick up the pace at the finish. 10 mile race then another 3 1/2 with Jim. He hit 9 miles, Sunday!!! At the end, he picked up the pace and we were sprinting. He couldn't hold the pace for long, and I screamed- literally! We both laughed at the effort and we were quite pleased to be DONE! 😋

Tuesday is swimming then track work, tonight. Jim lifted weights yesterday & hit 235, again, on the flat bench. He was pretty proud! That's important to him. He says he still doesn't feel 100%; but, considering where he was a year ago, I'm amazed he rebounded as well as he has. 👍🏼


Last night, I had my first Flamework class at the museum. It was awesome! I can't wait to see what we do next week! I was quite nervous...but SO excited! It's been years since I've done anything truly classified as "art." I've done "artistic crafts"-- but this may be a LOT different. Yesterday was an overview of safety, equipment, technique, introducing ourselves, etc. We made glass beads just to "try." I, seriously, can't wait until next week!!! I'm taking notes so I know what equipment to get, later. This is d finitely something I could do at home, afterwards.

All-in-all, training is going well. I'm not as speedy as some. I am faster than others. I'm hoping to be "consistent" with performance, this year. Dave's Marathon in Training Group has given me a plan that I have been sticking with. Jim has been HELPING me be consistent when my negative talk starts in my head. He "holds my hand" & gets me out the door. It still isn't easy; but I'm hopeful for future races.

No comments:

Post a Comment