Monday, February 16, 2015

Treadmill Day: I will never enjoy the treadmill, I think...


There was a time I couldn't stand to be outside running: Too many bugs... too hot... too cold... too humid... too scary... too embarrassing... too HARD!

Now, I can't stand to be cooped up, inside. I know the treadmill has it's place like any tool. I'm just detached from using it. I ran a couple of miles then went back to lift some weights. I realized it has been quite some time since my power lifting days, too. My muscle definition is gone in my arms & chest. I see a much older woman but I don't mind too much. I am discovering myself, my abilities, my likes & dislikes.

At one time: I didn't "mind" not having an opinion or preference... Now, I enjoy giving our daughters life experiences & learning my own likes & dislikes, as well. -In giving them the opportunity to find themselves... I am learning about myself.

I saw some new running clothing. It had an "in your face" SKULL on the front. It was so brightly designed with the words "RUN OR DIE" in the graphics, that I was simultaneously scared & in awe of it. I was "repelled" & secretly drawn to it. "What does that say about the inner person of my heart?" -I am NOT girlie. I want to be... & DON'T want to be... I am a tomboy. I am proud of this... & embarrassed around girlie girls... "What" am I? I am "all" of it. I am a princess, the queen, a hippy, a cowgirl, a gear head, a Star Wars nerd, an artist, a child-activist, a feminist, a business woman & a mother... -I purchased those skull faced running shirts & I will wear them before or after I wear my peace sign shirts, my butterfly & dragonfly tees & my super hero shirts. I will wear my Star Wars shirts & race shirts. I will wear my "Run Like a Girl" shirts & my shooting club shirts. I will wear my business suits & high heels. -I will enjoy figuring out who I am with my girls & thank my husband for encouraging me to try new things...

The many facets of who I am becoming... will be fun to discover...



No comments:

Post a Comment