Friday, February 6, 2015

6 miles with Lucy. Didn't want to... Did want to... Did...
The all-purpose trail was plowed but icy & snow covered. Today wasn't about speed but being sure footed & safe. As usual, once I warmed up, it was not "difficult". It is always the mental battle I deal with: "Can I...?" I opted for a: lower mileage-no pressure-no specific pace-miles only-run. Sometimes this is the best "mind trick" to just get me out the door. I think I can... but I've been mid run in the past & "broke"... then had to hobble back. I have NOT had those issues since I've been with the new doctor... but every twinge incurs a mild panic, as I DON'T want to return to the "injured runner sidelines." --Sometimes, less aggressive is the wiser choice...
 
As I approached mile 4... I saw some comical & some crude hash tags. I chuckled & took some photos. Lucy was oblivious.


 
As I remind myself how far I've come, races I've done, weather I've encountered, pain that has subsided... I reflect on the Glass City Marathon, approaching in April. I am "only" doing the 1/2 marathon. I will continue to prepare & log miles through the ice, snow & teeth chattering temps. My mileage is reduced from Summer & Fall full marathon training; but, I will be able to toe the line, this Spring. OHHHHHHHH, how I look forward to Spring! SOOOOOO CLOSE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment