Sunday, February 1, 2015

 
Cold & snowed in, today... If I ever wondered "if I was a runner", this winter is "proving" it. Last year, I couldn't run a couple of days in a row. This year, while each run is less than spectacular, a daily run is always on my mind. I'm sulking & biting at the bit, today- not being able to get out... I AM able to keep busy. That's a plus... -There's always something that needs to be completed at home... but my mind was outside.

This weekend, as I prepared for the snow storm, I got work done, early. When talking to people at work, I'm reminded that I'm different. I was surprised that when I speak about Toledo's Glass City Marathon, I'm not met with ecstatic enthusiasm. I explain that there are more distances than just the marathon. I even explain the kid events the day before... people stare at me blankly. I discuss it as a kid & family friendly day. -I still get blank stares.

I do not consider myself a talented competitor at races... yet (I realize as I gaze at expressionless eyes) that I am an excited participant... I am always nervous but I've moved myself past many excuses & fears-- & I feel proud about that... So, tomorrow. I suppose a ROAD run, instead of trails, will be in order. I look forward to the sights.

One day "off" from running has been physically restful, mentally anxious & motivation for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment