Friday, February 13, 2015

I am CRYING from under those shades. It was SOOO COLD, today! I had THREE layers of cold gear on! I finally peeked out from behind my face mask & then eventually "lifted" it to a hat. I did 9 1/2 miles with Lucy at Oak Openings. We ran on the roads, today. I couldn't bring myself to do a long run in Yaktrax, anymore. Lucy hang tough! She had little icicles on her little chinny, chin, chin & so I brought her home. I figured I'd do my last 2 on the road in front of my house. By the time I got home, the sweat & cold temperatures had me shivering uncontrollably. I switched out to dry layers to finish.

Ironically, no mental barriers, today. I had NO DOUBT I could run 11--- BUT--- I also ate a good breakfast! Nothing messes with my long run more than not eating enough! I did NOT drink anything or take gels "during". My water froze by the time I got back from mile 9-ish (!!!) & my iPhone shut off due to the cold- more reasons to come home for a bit. All good... 11 in the books before it gets colder, tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm volunteering at a race... not running... before I head to work. I'll be the little Eskimo wearing ski pants & the puffy coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment