Saturday, November 5, 2016

Hero Hustle race, today: a race to raise money & awareness for organ & tissue donation. The past 2 years I have placed in my age group--BUT-- I came alone. This year, I ran it with Jim & Lucy. They rerouted the course & included the hill/overpass to Fallen Timbers monument. Jim struggled on the incline. Lucy was good-- for a dog... but she's still the unknown variable during every run.

Part of me wanted to race, as I've done the past 2 years, at this event. I wanted to compare this year's training to previous years... but I've left Jim ONCE during a fun run & it didn't sit well in our relationship. I'm sure Jim will eventually get faster than me. If I'm not here from the beginning of his journey I'll regret it, later. So I stayed with him, today. It was frustrating for him. I slowed as much as I could & would head to the side until he caught up. He's had better races... but he also worked from from 5PM to 1AM then came home, tried to sleep & was up at 7-ish for the race. -This is all investment time & investment mileage. I know my running partner will help me when I'm struggling a year from now. 💕 In reflection, I realize I wasn't nervous about, today. Being with someone, even in a costume, with no inhaler-- I wasn't nervous. It truly was a "cause" & fun run (for me, anyways).

Tomorrow is my long run. Jim will run some miles with me & bike the rest. I welcome the company. It's been a bit lonely at times. If slowing down & having company is the deal-- I'm in it for the long run. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment