Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This morning I got a private message from a mom. She has been thinking about the marathon training group that I signed up for. She had questions. I shared what I knew... but since it's the first time I've ever done it, there were questions I couldn't answer. I have my own questions, so I invited her to the meet & greet.

This is why I share the "process." There are other people, like me, that have never done this stuff before. We're embarrassed to put ourselves "out there" thinking we're SO different or that others will make fun of us. We're uncomfortable at the idea that others will see our weaknesses or our inabilities. Guess what- they will! But on the flip side, they will also see your strengths... & my strengths. We're human- with BOTH weaknesses AND strengths. We focus on our weaknesses & it stops us from taking risks. We need to remember we also have STRENGTHS. These should be allowed to shine. -Training alone has gotten me "so far." I'm still a wallflower but I want to improve beyond what I can do by myself, now. I've made enough mistakes, alone, that I don't think I'll make a COMPLETE fool of myself. No doubt, I WILL still do stupid stuff... but that's my personal learning curve. I'm paying someone to teach me & I'm holding them to it. I'm ready to put forth the effort & I'm confident that it will happen. How "much" will happen? I have no clue. I don't know what "potential" I have. --So I write down & share my trepidations, my awkwardness, my inexperience, my goals & my sputtering red face... for the sake of calling more wallflowers.

Wallflowers unite! (Except quietly, in our own corners, just watching each other...) 😆 Kidding... I'm hoping others will see themselves in my complete "don't know what I'm doing" story... & it motivates them to try something new. I have to say, trying something new & getting better at it- REALLY empowers you to try something a bit more bold & out of your comfort zone. If sharing the raw story empowers you- great! I'm feeling like Star Trek- boldly going where no me has gone before! 🖖🏼 Join me, Wallflowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment