Sunday, December 18, 2016

I did miles with a fellow Mercy Health Glass City Marathon Ambassador, this morning. She's faster than me but was nice about it. :) Miles through the snow gave us a good work out... then we opted for the less snowy bike trail. We did a faster pace than when I am running solo or with Jim, but it was not "uncomfortable". I am usually "awkward" running with anyone. This is partly because I've never grown up doing many group activities. I'm not used to the "back & forth" of common conversational etiquette. When I'm done with a run, I usually write about it & many feel I'm sharing confidential talk. "What happens on the trail stays on the trail," I was told afterwards. Ummm-- not really. What happens on the trail is a learning experience that I usually share... unless it really IS heartfelt, confidential talk- that is "private talk"- usually "therapy." That really is: "off the record." -Today was chit chat about ambassador-ship stuff, training, kids, family, group runs, races... We saw deer with snow around their muzzles as they ate snow-- watching us run by. I laughed as we were "the show." -It's the first time I've run with Lisa. She has a good heart. She loves her family & running. She didn't make fun of my ducky tracks in the snow against her straight, long stride foot steps- even after I pointed them out. We were planning on 6 miles. We did 6.42. This bugged her when we got back to the parking lot so she ran until she got an even 6 1/2 miles. I did not run. I recorded her, however. ;) Then it was a quick good bye as we hurried home to families. Whether she knows it or not, she gave me a boost (verbally foremost). I start my Marathon in Training group in a couple of weeks. I know NOTHING about track work outs which is why I signed up. I know training with Jim is good... but I need to train with people that are faster than me to push me. I wasn't ready to train with people- until now. She gave me a pep talk that I'd be "fine". Will we run again, together? Possibly. I usually don't ask people to run, with me... I'm an introvert at heart but am becoming more extroverted. I tell people that I am not a "social butterfly- flitting from conversation to conversation." Jim's step mom says I am "blossoming." (I HAVE called myself a late-bloomer.) Jim's step dad says I am turning into a social butterfly. ME: "Not really... maybe someday. Right now I'm a pupa." 😳😲😊😁😆😂 We'll see how far I come out of my shell after this group training. 🤗


2 comments:

  1. You'll love MIT. I hadn't ever run with other people until last January and it turns out I really like it! Wish I was fast enough to run with any of the Ambassadors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no major speed, yesterday. The snow was a workout. You can come anytime-- but layer up!

      Delete