Sunday, December 11, 2016



The girls are on the 4-H Team Ohio National Shooting Sports team, again, this year. Hannah is on the rifle team & Jillian is on my air pistol team. This is a switch from last year. Hannah was on my air pistol team & Jillian was on the rifle team, last year. It was the first time Hannah used this specific rifle- with a rotary magazine & scope. She was all smiles. Jillian hates shooting pistols- but there is no recoil with air pistol so she has agreed to participate. :) It's a step toward being less fearful of regular pistols. She's naturally a good shot, so I'm rather insistent. I understand her feelings, though. I did NOT want to shoot pistols a few years ago. Heck, I didn't want to shoot ANYTHING a few years ago! :) --After a grumpy morning & sleepy drive there, it was all smiles when we arrived. Both girls thanked me when we got home. Jillian said, "Thank you for pushing me to do stuff I normally wouldn't choose to do. I had fun." WOW- that was really unexpected but appreciated.

We picked up two local 4-H kids & they rode to Delaware with us. We shared stories of Nebraska (Nationals) with some new kids while there. It was a good time. We had a meeting after practicing on the range, pizza then rode home. I admit I was tired but these kids make volunteer parents smile. Love my 4-H family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment