Saturday, January 10, 2015

I went to yoga & the chiropractor, this week for the first time in awhile. Owwie! I am grateful that I can get back on the road after being so limited...
 
I started training for my marathon in a VERY "broken" state. I didn't realize I was SO CROOKED! (Long story of "why"...) Being crooked resulted in sprains & strains down my "chain" in my knees, ankles & Achilles Tendon throughout the years. I presumed I was accident prone, clumsy or "just not a runner". -Tenacity is a two edge sword. While running made me want to prove myself in a race. Racing would push me to my physical breaking point. I had a crooked kinetic chain. Fortunately, after years of injuries, my biomechanics are being addressed. Along with straightening, there is now the long task of conditioning YEARS of muscle imbalances. I don't know if I will ever rid myself of my "duckie" run, but I'm trying... :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment