Friday, January 23, 2015

I think the "feel good" of racing is also knowing that some of your entry fee is going to support a charity. Most races have a group that has enlisted its help. How I pick a race is often directly related to a few things: location of the event, distance of the event in relation to my locality, "perk" a.k.a. bling or t-shirt... BUT ALSO... what charity strikes a chord in my heart. Charities that are tied to an event that empower kids, girls, women or autism... make me want to participate. By that point, I'm counting how fortunate I am & want to help...

Our local Glass City marathon has some charities that are tied to this event. As usual, there are some that strike a chord with me more than others... All have the hope to help.

OFFICIAL CHARITIES OF THE GLASS CITY MARATHON

Special, additional fundraising is usually optional.  Toledo Roadrunners Club awards partner status to programs or organizations who are aligned with the TRRC’s constitutional purpose which is “to educate Club members and the community about physical fitness and health through the sponsorship and promotion of running, physical fitness and other health related events.” ~I'm "in" for the kids & autism... (& some sweet bling for me.)

So racing isn't "JUST" about a race. It's about the community supporting you... & you supporting the community...


No comments:

Post a Comment