Thursday, January 29, 2015

Can we talk fashion? I am NOT a girlie-girl. I love jewelry, boots & dressing up... but my life doesn't give many opportunities for this anymore. I find myself wanting to dress up for running, now. My old "uniform" of black tights & black shirt have now been pushed aside for colorful, artistic designs. I'm also wanting to dress (in "costume") for races! This is a test because I have tried to fly under the radar of others for years. If I wear a tutu, or other non-running specific attire, I could be pegged as not "serious". I'm getting to the point that I don't care. If clothes "make the man" then I'm having fun wearing my Star Wars pride outfits! (I just bought & am making character outfits suitable for racing in!) -I'm LOVING my INKnBURN clothing & I'm loving a comfortable running skirt & a super hero T! -Running makes me feel great. The gear makes me feel light-hearted & happy!

Jim says, "If it doesn't make you happy or make you money... don't do it." I guess we're getting more stubborn, less apologetic, more care-free... as we get older. As we plan for the future, it's kind of open ended. I know it will include running in far away places in my eccentric Star Wars, INKnBURN costumed attire... I was told to live a life of "no regrets". I thought it was a rather selfish notion, years ago. Now I realize it's a nod to a life well-lived... Here's to all the people with enough guts to try something out of their comfort zone... even if it is a little "wacky".

No comments:

Post a Comment