Wednesday, January 21, 2015

For years, I've logged miles, solo. Partly because I was embarrassed, partly because of my schedule, mostly because of my pendulum performance on any given day... I had become accustomed to it. Then... my hubby realized the weight of what I was doing when I crossed my 3rd full marathon finish line- in tears & in pain... Since then he has accompanied me on many miles. His pace & mileage are making quick improvements. I'm very happy & proud. More so, I'm truly appreciating the company...HIS company. We chit chat. Sometimes we don't talk at all... but it's nice knowing the experience is being shared & we will talk about it when we get home.

I've been called stubborn. I've been called competitive. I'm a bit of both -with a large amount of insecurity, doubt, fear & introversion. Today, it was my husband that got me out the door. It was my husband that got me past mile marker 2. Each step of snow clumping onto the bottom of my left Yaktrax- forming a GIANT ice packed snow ball that caused me to STOMP every 1/10th of a mile... I wanted to climb back into the truck & go home, wrap in a blanket & eat... I took off my Yaktrax & kept going because HE kept going. -I listened to his breathing. I listened to my music. I heard him speak of his quads on the inclines. As usual, my mood melted as my muscles warmed up & I got into a groove. Before I knew it, we were into mile 4 & turning around to come back. -Yay! Home stretch!


Appreciate the journey... appreciate the people who take the journey with you. It's more fun not going solo... Sometimes you motivate those people. Sometimes they motivate you...

No comments:

Post a Comment