Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I posted a link to a video that I felt empowered women. I shared it on Facebook & on this blog. I had some old friends "unfriend" me. I was hurt... but I get it. It's not the first time this has happened. I talk a lot about exercise, running... taking care of yourself. I am NOT saying I don't believe in God. I am NOT saying "be selfish." I am NOT saying men "owe" us/pro-life/women's lib/politically active ANYTHING... I am simply saying: "Take care of yourself. You are WORTH it. You are full of potential that you may not even REALIZE..." I want people (mostly women because I AM one...) to understand that they are a VALUABLE asset in the family & community. "You have a BRAIN. You have FREE-WILL. You have a VOICE. You have preferences... & that is OK! It's not wrong to have an opinion!!!"

For years, I was taught to be "submissive". In the right setting, this can be a harmonious thing! I am NOT telling women to leave their God, their husbands or their families. I am just saying that it's okay to "want" things. -Alone time... creativity... music... good health...

I was told once that 'if it didn't hurt... I wasn't sacrificing enough.' So I hurt... a lot... often...  -I realize now there is balance. A happy God, like a happy parent, wants happy children... but we are often in unhappy surroundings. One needs to learn to protect their health: physically & emotionally not just spiritually... or one cannot concentrate.

Running & exercise (like drugs but SAFER) are mood enhancing activities. They make you PROUD of yourself & make you feel good about yourself... This is my ONLY reason for posting about exercise. It is my personal revelation that I want to use to empower women to stand on their own two feet. You CAN exist as a sole entity. You are not JUST "Tony's" wife, "Johnny's" mother, an employee of "Corporate X"... You can have a "preference."

I was called a feminist, this week. If wanting confident women raising confident kids, making confident families, making confident life choices makes me a feminist... then... I am confidently saying: "I'm a feminist."
 
WORD! Girl power!

No comments:

Post a Comment