Thursday, January 22, 2015

Sooo... I have been doing pretty well, physically. I've been getting more flexible in yoga & I was super optimistic about the race schedule, this year. Yoga has been strengthening my "girdle" muscles- the muscles all the way "around" my torso. The goal is to strengthen those muscles- front, sides & back/ not just "abs"- so when the doctor aligns the sacrum & hips, the muscles will KEEP them there. I avoided back bends in therapy & adjustments. I couldn't even sleep on my stomach without things rotating out of place, again. As time has progressed, I've been noticing improvements... I have been adding incremental backward motions... but, as usual... I may have "overdone" it. -I may have yogi-ed something into the wrong place, yesterday. We were doing deep back bends & arches. I felt something "pop". It didn't hurt at the time, but I knew it wasn't "normal". There was no "relief" of pressure. I waited... I am feeling PAIN, today. I tried to run & couldn't. I felt a horrible stabbing in my lower back/sacrum area. I tried to "float" run & land lightly. It didn't work. I walked. I tried to run, again. It REALLY hurt- every time I tried! I tried walking & running, hoping maybe something would "pop" & a rushing sense of relief would accompany it... -Wishful thinking... I came home to stretch & laid over the back of the couch as a homemade "traction". I'm heading to work (easy does it) & will try, again, tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment