Sunday, January 18, 2015


 
Irritated at the get go this morning. Not doing my Star Wars race... Not getting all those fabulous INKnBURN sales... Jim wants to go to Sam's Club BEFORE a run... but it's open to the general public, now. I'm trying to get around selfish Americans blocking the aisles & salesmen that scoff that I "don't want to save money" switching to Direct TV... I'm losing my caffeine kick as the hours go by... I decided to dress in my running gear TO Sam's Club to save time. I wear my Boba Fett running shirt & celebrate Star Wars running in my own corner of the U.S. -Two young boys come out of the bathroom, stop... look at my shirt... look at me... I didn't get it. Then it dawned on me that they probably recognized "Boba Fett". I smiled. They looked at me & ran away. I laughed & told Jim. We're a bit of a clutzy pair as we're trying to navigate two flatbeds of supplies & groceries through the store, through checkout, through the parking lot. We get home, unload & Jim wants to run 5. I'm "sure" he will slow me down... but if I go solo, it may cause hurt feelings. I'm irritated but "trying". I have LUCY. We agree to a route that will take us over 5. We hang together. He doesn't "slow me down" but we have a slow, good, conversational pace. We pass couples; we pass people with dogs. We comment on the ice & depth of snow. Slowly, I admire his pace & his putting up with me. I've told him about the Star Wars race, the missed sales & the fellow runners we see on the route. Eventually... my mood finally melts & I'm proud of his efforts. I know I was a moody jerk & I apologize. He tells me what he was moody about, too. We come home with a soggy-moosey dog, clean up & then we eat! I sit to watch a movie & he offers to go back to the store to get the final items we couldn't buy in bulk at Sam's. I offer to come with him but he tells me no. (I suspect he wants a breather.) On my list is Gatorade prefuel/Prime. When he calls home to see if he's getting the right stuff... I realize how wonderful he is. I realize we're not perfect... but we're pretty darn formidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment