Saturday, December 13, 2014

 
The butterflies never leave... It doesn't matter if I'm doing a 5K or a marathon... My stomach is always nervous at the thought of a race! Tonight, I have a 9K at 10:11 PM on 12-13-14. -Brain child in our running group & a series of races (10K on 10-10-10; 11K on 11-11-11; 12K at 12:12 AM on 12-12-12).

I was suspecting hubby would run, too. If he was participating, I would run with him. If he wasn't participating, I would try to RACE. He was considering running & just told me "no". Now, my butterflies are in full force! Why? There is no "person" coming that I am "gunning" for... It's the whole idea of "performance", I guess. "Those crossing the finish line ahead of me will judge my performance." Honestly, I can say, working a finish line is probably one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. To watch each person's face is amazing. Some are "in the zone/competing". Some are playful & supportive crossing the line with family & friends. Others are in pain, exerting themselves & using every ounce of "anything" left in them. Some hear my congratulations & respond... others do not. It reminds me that we are all exerting ourselves & FEEL different things at different times.

Today's race will be "different". It will be my first race with NO KT Tape, no serious pain or discomfort. I DID work all day, however. I have no plan on pace except Kamikaze as long as I can without vomiting... Going "hard" is exciting & terrifying at the same time. I have NO CLUE what my potential is, presently, & in the future. It's a new game & I wanna' see if I have wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment