Thursday, April 30, 2015


Commenting to a person about INKnBURN: "I've been told that 'they are just clothes'... Coming from a person who didn't have much growing up-- the 'clothes' are LIBERATING! I used to only wear black & men's baggy stuff. I was too shy to wear something so bold & colorful like InB..."

I'm finding a BOLD, confident person, I didn't know existed! - Sounds weird but I am really just putting on the "outside" what I feel on the inside. I am introverted, self-reflecting & "follow the rules". I am a hard worker... but WAY DOWN, deep inside, am a B.A. (I can't bring myself to cuss.)

I run a business, volunteer at our daughters' schools & in the community, am raising a family, etc.

Like every person, we have different moods, feelings, obligations... -Running & exercise is my solo time. NOW: instead of always being modest & following the rules-- I'm wearing skulls? Like I said, it's liberating! I can be that "person" during a work out & "take it off", too, with a simple tank top. I can be the Wildflower, peaceful lady when I run... the Healing Mandala lady for yoga stretching... or the Robot when I weightlift. (--I cannot tell you how HAPPY, nerdy & strong I felt wearing those Robot capris, yesterday.)

My first InB purchase was the Flutter long sleeve. It was so bright, I couldn't bring myself to wear it for a year! It just sat there. When I saw new designs I choked, again. -I thought the Robot tights were "too bold" for me when I saw them... but on the flip side, I couldn't stop thinking about them & "wishing". I just couldn't bring myself to get them. -I missed out & am now on the hunt. I found the pants; but, I am still looking for the t-shirt. I was so happy wearing the Robot capris yesterday-- more so because I wouldn't have a year ago.

I come from a very religious background. I wouldn't wear ANYTHING with skulls! I didn't see the appeal to such deadly symbolism. Of course, leave it to INKnBURN to "spin it" & leave me with mouth agape! Their new Run or Die design, with such bright colors, artistically drew me. I bought them & they "sat" there. I couldn't bring myself to wear them. It was a very "naughty" mood that got me to wear them on a trail run! The shirt represented the mentality that I needed to get me out that day!
 
So WHY do I wear INKnBURN? Why do I PREACH INKnBURN? --Because we're each complex creatures... We go "back and forth" often during the day and our lifetime. We often restrict ourselves to being "responsible"... but we are MORE than responsible. We're kind; but, we party! We're responsible but sometimes we need a jolt. We're quiet but maybe we're loud "inside". We're "breaking out" after years of repressing... or maybe we've always been a free spirit! We're discovering who we are-- what we are... We are ALL of these... and there is a HUMAN need to express ourselves... For some of us that take care of others and are "bound" to being responsible, clothing may be our only form of self-expression. INKnBURN is the closest thing to a tattoo I, personally, would ever dare to do... but it's nice to have a temporary tattoo, option...
 
 
 

1 comment: