Wednesday, September 13, 2017

I was able to sit & sign up for some races, last night. This is something I said I'd never do: pay to run, when any person can do it for free. I used to get SO anxious, that I'd be in the bathroom for hours before a race with anxiety & an upset stomach. I needed to prove to myself & others that I could do it, though. It has gotten a bit easier. I still get nervous; but, it's a head game, now. If I tell myself I'm just going to "trot," & not have a time goal, I do much better. If I race, the wheels usually come off. This is ultimately a life lesson, too. Anxiety doesn't make the present pleasant or usually affect the outcome, positively. I have never died or gotten lost at a race; so, I realize, now, that may have been a bit of extreme worrying. πŸ˜‚ I swore I'd never wear a costume for a race--> people would look at me (!!!) & not consider me a "real" runner. Guess what: who cares?! My abilities are "what they are" in a costume or not. There will be people faster than me & slower than me. A silly outfit sometimes makes a plain event a "party." 😁 I'm not sure if I'm getting "seasoned" or just old & don't give a care...

I truly believe Jim getting so sick & surviving has impacted all of us to realize: "Every day is a gift. Enjoy it. Wear the tutu. Dance. Hug. Sing. Say, 'I love you.' Eat a cookie."

There were races I passed up- begrudgingly. I had to realize (as my husband reminded me) that my "fun" can wear me (& my family) out. The 5K's that I did sign up for, I have to remember they aren't "my race." Komen for the Cure is right before Chicago. I need to not get hurt doing little races that could affect my goal race that I've been training months for... I need to balance "the head game" & stay focused.

For now, I prepare for the miles, I have, today. My group has speed work, tonight. I have to train an employee. So--> I should get up & get miles done, now... then life will be good. πŸ’•πŸŒΌπŸ¦‹πŸ¦„πŸŒΈπŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ­πŸ†πŸŽ€πŸŽ‰πŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment