Friday, April 7, 2017

(Photo credit to the Porter Family)

What makes a race an EVENT? How can a person support a race & the participants in the race & have fun at the same time? -I introduce: THE CHEER (SPIRIT) STATION! I cannot tell you how important these people are! These are small groups of people planted along a route that may or may not be connected to a water/aid station.

What do you need for your own cheer station? Any or all of the following:

  • A loud voice to cheer for ALL of the racers
  • Reminders that someone is: "Looking good!" "You've got this!" "Great job!" are always accepted with a smile.
  • Hands to clap, wave or high-5
  • A musical instrument
  • A banner or sign
  • Sidewalk chalk for notes on the road
  • A cow bell, whistle or drum
  • Thunder sticks
  • COSTUMES for the brave hearted
  • Music playlist blaringly reminding me that I have the "EYE OF THE TIGER!"
The Mercy Health Glass City Marathon is quickly approaching. Are you participating? If you're running, we'll see you at the start line. If you're not running, I hope to see you along the course. Please give me a high-5. I may need it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment