Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Training runs: Jim & I have learned a rhythm. When I ran with people faster than me, I was very cognizant of them turning to "check on me." It caused anxiety. At Glass City, it will be Jim setting the pace. I will run next to him or slightly out of his peripheral so as not to cause anxiety. -He has never done this Distance & plans to run, not race it, like any other training run. (Little does he know about the charge a taper will bring as well as race day excitement...) -I DO suspect that it will not be the last 1/2 we do together, however. I've got a list & will wait to bring it up in a few weeks. 😁


Jim has put in more miles than HE ever thought he would- preparing for the Glass City. He did his first mile (again), this summer (?). It was roughly 14-ish minutes. Considering he was emaciated & bed ridden, then in a wheel chair & barely able to stand & walk... we were ecstatic when he did indeed "Trot" a full mile!!! I have had people ask what our estimated pace will be on race day. To this I reply: the distance is the goal, not the time. AND when he crosses that finish line, it will represent much more than any race I've ever done. It will be the end of his photo album ("Jim's Recovery Album 2") on Facebook & the beginning of a new photo album: "Jim's Races." We'll drop "recovery" from the title. 👍🏼

He's ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment