Monday, March 7, 2016



I got some new gear. It's a "quiver" or "holder" for 2 water bottles, strapped to my back, instead of my Camelbak bladder. I love my Camelbak; but, during a a trail race, to refill a bladder means taking off your "vest" to refill it. The new gear is a brand named Orange Mud. Many of the INKnBURN ambassadors swear by it. The price tag was the big reason I didn't try it sooner... but as Tailwind nutrition has increased my stamina & mileage, it was time for an easier refill option. It's easier to hold out your bottle & have someone fill it up rather than your whole vest. -Took my gear for her maiden voyage, yesterday. It was very comfortable & surprisingly easy to "holster" & return the bottle, behind me. (This was my second concern.) I'm not known for being the most coordinated person. I had tried FuelBelts in the past & HATED trying to reholster a small bottle in the elastic. If I have to fuss that much, it messes up my cadence, my concentration, my pace. --I had no issues, yesterday-two thumbs up! --All of my puzzle is piecing together, finally: shoes; hydration; nutrition with no gut issues, sugar highs & crashes; great chiropractor & physical therapy exercises. I'd say things are in place for my first ultra! Let's avoid clumsy accidents & hopefully this will be year of the ultra!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment