Thursday, March 10, 2016

And-- my hubby went for another walk, today, in the rain. We dropped kids off at school, made a few stops to find a donut suitable for his craving, this morning, then to the park. I know he gets frustrated that he can't do what he used to. I remind him that when others start walking, again, it is in a rehab place with bars to steady themselves. "You skipped that & moved on to real life scenarios. There are no bars, here..." I offered my arm a few times to steady him. He refused. Whether it's a lap in the parking lot, a race or weight lifting I see that athletic/stubborn/I'm going to do this attitude showing in both of us. We got to the van & he told me he thought he was going to throw up. I've had that feeling. I told him it was because he exerted himself. He reminded me that he had a full breakfast, too. Whether it's a lap in a parking lot or a long run, we may doubt our abilities but when it's done, there is a great sense of accomplishment. Jim went a bit faster, today, despite being sore from yesterday. He didn't do 2 laps like he announced, yesterday; but he was out in the rain. He is announcing that he will be out, again, tomorrow. I believe him. I think he's going to make a fierce comeback sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment