Monday, February 29, 2016

Some may know that my husband almost died a few times this past year. He has survived but is extremely frail. He is making a SLOW comeback.

Yesterday morning I prepared for a club run, locally. I got my former power lifter-running partner-husband some breakfast & made sure he was comfortable before I left. (I'm just starting to do stuff out of the house, again.) The club run was a race, but I was using it for a training run. I was anxious. I usually run solo & running in front of other people or WITH other people is not usually my routine. I wore INKnBURN Ryu gear (dragons) because how can you NOT be confident with tough dragons down your leg & on your shirt?

I am a solid midpacker at long distances. I came home & told my husband what I did "well" (for me) & what I still could "tweak" in my training. He laid in bed quietly & eventually said: "I look forward to being out there, running, again. Especially on a day like today, I want to be out there." My heart hurt. I realized all the "small" things I worry about & get anxious about in connection to being ACTIVE & HEALTHY are "nothing." I realized what a privelege we have even during a less than perfect run or physical activity. (I felt slightly guilty for being healthy!) I was reminded to be grateful for my health even when we are less than optimal.

I know this is sappy & don't mean for it to be "moody" but I am grateful to be active & having a hubby on the mend. Today he sent me looking for bakery fresh donuts. :) I welcome his returning appetite even though it makes me "stop" what I'm doing to get him something specific.

Be AWESOME, Friends. Be kind. Be grateful. Be merciful... to yourselves & your loved ones. Be inspired by others & inspire...

No comments:

Post a Comment