Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I haven't blogged in awhile. I am a Facebook nerd, mostly; so, I am regularly sharing, there. After a long break, I should update.

The most distracting things have been kids & hubby. Jim got down to 127 pounds. He is skin & bones & has much of my attention. His appetite is returning but his weight is slow to return. Today he weighed in at 132. Considering he was 205-210 6 months ago... with weight gain when he was sick (fluid in his belly) up to 225-- you can imagine how wrapped I am in following his numbers. We're still struggling with night sweats. Eating before bed seems to help him. I hope for stronger days, soon; but we've been told it may take a full year to recuperate. Well, we're six months "in" so I guess the glass is 1/2 full. :)

The girls are good kids-- but they are still kids. I still need to get them up in the morning & drive them to school. I get opinions often about this- but, it works for us.

Training has been going well. I've moved all my miles from trails to pavement- ow! Need to get used to the impact if I'm going for the big miles on pavement.

While training has gone well I did freak out Sunday. I had a 22 miler in my plans. I was going to take the bike trail out 11 miles then back. As I got up & prepared, I thought of the stretches of areas that would be a great place to hide a body- mine. I couldn't bring myself to get out, solo. I postponed my run until today. I made a new route in mind where I was close to the Ranger's Station & on pavement the whole time- ow! I broke it down into "laps" instead of miles. Sometimes it's a head game & I didn't want to play, Sunday. I ran one mile from the Ranger's Station parking lot to the bike trail then did 3 out & backs (5 miles each). It was a bit boring but I know the area well & felt safe. It is close enough to the ranger's station that I saw a lot of traffic from there & some regular walkers. I did not do 22. By the time I got back I had done 17. I was sore; Jim was hungry; &, I had to get Jillian to college credit plus classes. After I got home with Jillian, I made dinner, ate & figured I'd walk Lucy for my last 3 miles. We smelled a skunk & I was really hoping we wouldn't SEE that skunk. Fortunately, we didn't! We saw a small doe that came over to us wagging its tail! I talked to it like I would a puppy. :)  I took some pictures & as we started walking, it quickly leapt away. For the most part, the walk was uneventful but relaxing & needed for Lucy.

Only a few more weeks until Glass City Marathon. I have a strong 15 miles in me for my long runs. I've considered doing a PR 1/2 marathon or just doing my best at the full. Time is running out-- but my heart & stubbornness are set on the full.

So training & life go on. My heart is on the trails but my eyes are fixed on GCM roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment