Saturday, March 28, 2015

Every year I see progress in my running. Every year, I get frustrated that my advancements aren't "good enough". Every runner understands wanting to perform vs ability to perform. Today was my long run. I had 13 on the schedule but missed last week's 15 (sick then races 2 days instead). I opted for 13-15. As usual, I was confident then nervous as I got closer to heading out. I almost stayed home (!!!) but knew I'd be mad later if I did. I ate a small breakfast, wrapped the hot spots on my feet to avoid blisters & took my caffeine & inhaler. The new product/nutrition, Tailwind, has been great! It keeps me from cramping & I got a solid 11 miles before I bonked. I just mentally wanted to walk. I was still able to run but I didn't want to... How am I supposed to BQ if I don't want to run after 11? I'm guessing I need more calories than Tailwind in water. I guess I still need work on timing & nutrition. All in all, I got 13 miles. I should be happy... but am not. Chasing an elusive performance, right now. I'm proud of a solid 11, though... & reaching for more. My goal is an ultra this Fall. I don't think it's out of reach. I'm in a better place this time of year than last year... Striving for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment