Thursday, October 4, 2018

Yesterday was group photo night for our training group, at track night. I have missed EVERY track session this cycle because of work. I have missed just about every tempo run with them; &, just recently, I started doing long runs with them. Because of this, I considered skipping the team picture. I have been doing the training, though; so, I sheepishly went expecting backlash. Of course, it didn’t happen. 💕 I only stayed for the picture then planned to head to work. I did see my physical therapist on site so decided to go over & see her. -One of the perks of the Dave’s MIT program, is that Mercy Health “loans” us physical therapists on track nights. My left “cheek” was on fire after my hill work out. The pinched nerve went down my left leg. I had been rolling & it eased up; but, why not have Dayna look at it. She made some smart Alec comment about a ‘pain in the @$$.’ Me: ”Yes, I am; &, yes, I have.” She asked if I was still doing my exercises she prescribed. Me: *silence- already an admission of omission* “I’m doing kickboxing, now.” I explain the side stuff we’re doing & how I hoped it was a substitute. Apparently not. She said she liked that my cadence is coming down. Me: “Not always...”

Then TODAY, as I debated if I should do the 4, 5 or 6 mile run on my weekly schedule (I’m juggling training & my work schedule) I ended up doing 6.32 miles on my beloved SOFT trails to give my body less of a beating. My pace was great for trails- and my cadence...? 187- EXACTLY what Dayna wants me to hit. My prior, average cadence was between 198-202. “Golden” cadence is 182 but that was unnatural for me & she tweaked it to “my” golden 187 goal. I didn’t even “try” to hit that cadence, today. Things are looking good- never perfect; but pretty darn good. 🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment