Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Google sent me an email asking if I still want to keep this blog active. :/ Ooops! I am so active on Facebook and writing regularly for our Toledo Roadrunners newsletter, I haven't been as active, here. I will keep this page open & try to jump-start my blog, again.

In the meantime, know that I am still running. I have made a HUGE break through with my race day nutrition! I have struggled with this since 2010. I have tried almost every brand of man made nutrition as well as natural means. I would start a race knowing I would struggle after the 1/2 marathon distance. I would embark, anyways. Then, one day working packet pick up at Dave's Running Shop, I saw some Honey Stinger "gummies." I had tried a few different brands of chews in the past. They all left: a bad taste in my mouth, me choking or with a stomach ache- UNTIL HOLY COW- I found the manna from heaven! (Incidentally manna was supposed to taste like honey cake.) I have been experimenting with this & it has been a huge break through! I have finally flown over the obstacle stopping me from competing well, jumped past my plateau, broken the wall. For the first time ever, I am excited for my marathon- which is in three weeks. (I just got butterflies typing that!)

My training has been going well; but, my nutrition & hydration plans have always been "broken." Not anymore! Not having to "drink" my nutrition allows me to drink all the plain water my body desires. I'm naturally a water drinker; so, this is a treat for me.

Of course, I will post about race day. Until then-> I'm working as hard as a bee. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment