Friday, February 26, 2016

What did your momma warn you about when you were growing up? Stranger Danger? 

Never, in a million years, did I think I would be communicating with complete strangers & becoming FRIENDS with them on social media before I even met them in person! And yet, here I find myself, sharing intimate feelings about how trail running has changed my life, my psyche, my traditions... I share photos & recently was asked a request. A fellow INKnBURN ambassador asked  for photos of trail fails- falls, cuts or crashes. SURE! We shared & I saw a beautiful article transpire-- encouraging trail running.   

Trail runners are a different breed- primal in a sedentary world. The article was a  basic "how to" start.
How to Transition from Road Running to Trail Running

How can there be someone with the EXACT story, feelings, desire to "preach the gospel" of trail running as me?! I have to chalk it up to the infection of the trails. Once you're hooked... you're hooked! There is a desire for adventure, a desire to see & be one with nature, a desire to explore. Trail running appeals to my inner Pocahontas-- my inner tree huggin' hippie-- my desire to but down responsibility for awhile. 

While I love my kids & family, there is a connection to other trail runners. Those that break from the tradition of road racing are a different breed. We are in it for the exercise, the mental break, the VIEWS! There is a raw feeling of nature when you're in the woods- seeing shadows, bugs, mud & fauna. It's a reminder of the bigger scheme & how you fit into the puzzle. I look forward to being on the trails every chance I get. I look forward to strength & telling a good story when I get home. For now, I run local trails, but I look forward to expanding my "backyard" as our kids get older.

Until then, this Pocahontas will paint with all the colors of the wind, locally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment