Friday, February 26, 2016

I've been told about INKnBURN, repeatedly, "They're 'just' clothes." Too me, they are a form of expression that I wasn't allowed to have, when younger. I was supposed to be a good Christian, wife, mother, neighbor, daughter... All fine & good... but at some point, self-sacrifice gets tiring if nothing is going back "into" the person.
INKnBURN is an edgy brand that I find self-expression in. Their new release Phoenix is described as follows: "The Phoenix Rises Again! -Our newest tech shirt design was inspired by the mythological bird that recycles its own life. When it perceives its impending death, the phoenix ignites itself into a magnificent fire. In time, it reemerges from its own ashes - reborn, renewed, and very much alive. There is so much symbolism tied to this sun loving bird; victory over death, passion, longevity, and creativity... all topics we love to explore with our own style of fire, color and passion."
I cannot tell you how much I relate to this design & symbolism... personally & with all the strife that has happened to our family, this year. -Most definitely, I ordered one! When you see me wearing this, please note, without words, I'm saying: We are rising from the ashes... (Plus it's just a really cool design... & orange.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment