Sunday, December 3, 2017

I didn't want to go to the race, tonight. It's the beginning of the month & I haven't finished billing. Jim worked, yesterday, & his legs were shot. We had a lot of excuses why it would be easier to stay home... but the good thing about paying ahead of time: not wanting to lose your money & you tend to go. :)  I knew we would have fun once we started. I knew we would see smiling faces; &, I knew they would be memories for myself & Jim. --I had SO much fun. We were trotting a slow pace. At the end, Jim sprinted from an 11 min mile to an 8:30! He was NOT going to shake me! I stayed right with him & we were laughing at the end. I know it's best not to pass him; so, I stay close. He is getting tired of not placing in his age group. I suspect he will be focusing on speed, now. I'm super excited!

I tell people that there used to be a time I would whine & belly ache that I was "doing this all alone." Now, Jim is out there with me. I stay with him on the course. Sometimes, I think about taking off; but, there are other races I get to truly race. I am glad when we finish, together-- always. We get to talk on the course & see the same things & talk about them, later. Knowing we're together beats any little trinket as an age group award; HOWEVER, if it's a gift certificate award... that may be a different set of rules. ;)

We saw people we knew, took photos, talked to fellow runners on the course & walked around afterwards.  It was fun telling people that I "dressed" Jim, today, & watch their reaction. Honestly, running with someone else in costume gives me more confidence to do so. I STILL get embarrassed showing up in a "loud" outfit. Wearing those silly outfits makes for such fun & happy memories, afterwards. It was a great date.

Now that we are back home, paper work is still on my desk & Jim's football game is on his DVR. I hear him calling to the football game on the tv as I type about our date. A  few hours, together, makes the daily grind bearable, again. Now, where was I...?

No comments:

Post a Comment