Saturday, September 3, 2016


"Do you think I can do it?" Jim asked me.
"YES!"

I'm normally the one questioning my abilities & getting sick with anxiety before a long run. Here I am helping to quiet his doubts.

As the one year anniversary of Jim getting sick, approaches, we are finally (PHYSICALLY) on the road to recovery. Jim did, INDEED, run two miles, tonight. I don't foresee three being difficult in the near future. He doesn't have the leg strength he once had; but, he is definitely making a strong come back. I am so happy to have a front row seat to this recovery. While it has been a year since Jim's illness, it has only been since April that the infection was finally discovered & treated. In a few months, he has gained his appetite, stability, energy & weight... As all of these have returned, running was added. I am SO EXCITED to have a running companion, again! Hoping he adds miles quickly to run often with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment