Thursday, August 24, 2017

Jim & I did our 1/2 marathon last weekend at HIS pace. As we got home he reviewed his statistics, his rank in his age group & overall placement. He was slightly discouraged. Numbers don't tell the whole story!!! One year ago, YESTERDAY, Jim ran one mile! Let that sink in... He finally had enough balance to run ONE MILE then ran 13.1 by April! THEN-- ran a second half marathon exactly one year from the time he ran ONE mile! 
We started at the back of the pack, at Cleveland, & did HIS race. As I stated earlier, by mile 10 he was passing everyone that had 'given up' running & was walking. As we passed people, my mind (not my mouth) said, "You weren't sick like my husband was. You don't have the excuse HE had... He's doing it. He's passing." 
No doubt: Jim will get faster. We all have the ability to improve & get faster--> the cliche saying: "Don't look how far you have to go. Look at how far you've come" is EXTREMELY truthful. 
What a difference a year makes!

This is my post from one year ago the day he did "ONE."
http://girlitsabouttime.blogspot.com/2016/08/he-did-it-his-first-mile-running-since.html






No comments:

Post a Comment