Friday, August 25, 2017

I've been following the Spring marathon in training plan rather than the Fall. My race day is different than the group so I started training earlier, before I knew the Fall plan.

I had a 7-8 mile run, yesterday, with some miles at marathon pace. I didn't want to... I was achy, tired & had to work, later. I reminded myself I don't "have to. I GET to." I know many people wish they could do a 7 miler & I am grateful that my body is able to.

I was cold & still doubting for my slow, tight, first mile--> 10:45- yikes! As each mile went by I warmed up & got a bit faster until I finished mile 8 (plus change) at 8:40. I wasn't "trying." I insisted I was just going to do the miles, not any set pace except "easy pace." Some days "easy" is surprisingly good! Some days "easy" is torture.

So I sit, along the road contemplating a shortie 4 miler. I almost skipped this work out for sleep. Instead, I'll "reward myself" with "candy." 4 on the Yellow trail should be a good break from road miles. 17 miler, tomorrow, with my group. They have less but I'm hoping to snag some company for the extra miles.  👍🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment