Monday, February 13, 2017

Yes- I've been gone a long time. I've been gone because life has been good! Training is going well- for both Jim & myself. I am taking a glass class at the Toledo Museum of Art, weekly. I am the head coach for Team Ohio's 4-H air pistol kids. Our girls are doing both high school & college- & neither drive- so we've been driving them back & forth between the schools. Work is steady & house work is never caught up... but busy is good.

Glass City Marathon weekend is coming in April. I am running the 1/2 with Jim; so, my full marathon plans will be the following weekend in Canton. I have never run this race. It looks much hillier than Toledo! I am going to do my best, thinking through the strategy & not freaking out too much about pace.

I have NEVER ran this many days a week when training in the past. Even if I don't meet my time goal, I'm confident my performance will be better. I can FEEL the improvement, now, with every training run. I don't take walk breaks, anymore. My pace is much slower when I run with Jim... but, I suspect that it's keeping me from getting injured.

My mom had a stroke a few weeks ago. I've been quiet about it. My relationship with my mom is a strained one. I have visited her & we have talked about her comeback. She is already showing signs of improvement. I told her she has never shied away hard work. She agreed. "This is your new job. It will be work; but, I have no doubt in your ability to work hard." She smiled. She is months ahead of where Jim was... I remind her of this & his comeback. She is hopeful. --And Jim has had some procedures & tests, as well. It appears he is QUITE healthy- other than his diabetes. No signs of fluid in his abdomen. There were signs of a slight lung collapse/lung damage (probably due to being on a vent tube longer than he should have been allowed to be) but he seems to have dealt with it. I'm sure running is good exercise for that. He still needs naps as he does his own "physical therapy." Most pro athletes schedule naps as part of their training. Building his body from emaciation to athlete is tiring. I am just happy to see Jim resting, breathing easily, with color in his face.  The gray/blue hue is gone & his rosy/pink cheeks are back. I know it's ridiculous to say- AGAIN- but I am so grateful...

I know it's all a delicate balance & I worry that it will be disrupted, daily... but for now... busy keeps my mind on tasks & off of worrying. Life is pretty good, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment