Friday, February 17, 2017

As I've said MANY times, this year is different than any training year, prior. I'm running more days a week & adding speed work, now. At one of our track nights, a physical therapist spoke  to our group. I chatted with him about dysfunctional SI joints & my history. I got his number, checked with insurance & got my chiropractor to write me a referral. I "rolled the dice." -I am happy to say I went to see him, today. He checked my leg strength, mobility, range of motion, etc. Leg strength: he graded me an "A". Leg function? Well... that was a different story. 🙁 My form collapsed. -The assessment: (he was careful how he worded it- so I share my summation) my hips have the mobility like a guy's not a girl's. I am still heel striking not midfoot or forefoot striking. (That I knew.) My foot is supposed to fall "at my knee" or behind my knee (if you draw a straight line "down to the ground). "I've never seen anyone's foot that far behind their knee..." 😕 He applauded my cadence then we talked about my lack of even foot propulsion. 🙁 He was nice the whole time & extremely professional. I could physically see data to explain the tightness here... & here... & here... Long story, short: I have a winner. When a person can quantify your form & aches in front of your eyes, you know you have a keeper. 👍🏼 I felt life & training was going well when I stepped into his office. I was a bit overwhelmed at the data. At the end, I explained what my goals are. I asked if they were realistic. "Oh, absolutely!" Then he said some other stuff... but I heard the affirmation & can't remember the exact points that came later. He gave a list of "positives" & "slight adjuststments."

I am quite pleased to get ahead of injury & hopefully strengthen weak links. I can't believe what a difference this year is compared to where we were last year. I am not just joyful... I'm happy. 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment