Saturday, January 9, 2016

Shooting for 10 miles, today- a "cut back" week. I did 9-- not because I couldn't do 10... because I ran out of time. Jim had asked me to take him to a movie, today. I said yes if it would get him showered, dressed, out of bed & out of the house.

Sadly, I opted for some extra sleep this morning & I lost an hour to the snooze button & a slow wake up afterwards. In my defense, it wasn't a solid night's sleep. Jim will wake me up if he needs anything at night. At 2:45 he was hungry so I brought him milk & juice for his sugar.

I did 9 miles, solo- pavement & trails- then hustled home to find my sister waiting. She would be taking the girls to another movie. I can take a quick shower but I needed to help Jim, too. He was exhausted afterwards & didn't think he could make it. We sent my sister & girls without us. Shortly afterwards, Jim threw up- repeatedly. My heart goes out to him. I've had people asking if I think he is "faking it" so that I will wait on him. If not eating, vomiting, faking extreme sugar highs (enough to be hospitalized) & extreme weight loss are "faking it" then he's the best actor I've ever seen. --No, I do not think he is faking it. His shaking after vomiting are not rehearsed.

So 9 miles out of my goal of 10 for today is "good enough". I had some elevation changes & feel tired.

The Toledo Roadrunners are holding a group run/race, tomorrow- the Donut Dash. While I would not be capable of eating 4 donuts mid run & finish, I thought I may be able to participate. Today reminded me that we take one day at a time. Jim REALLY wanted to go to see the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie- the one with the bear. I didn't. When he really wants to do something & physically can't, it reminds me that he is not "faking it". So tomorrow's race will probably not be likely for me; but I will try & see how the morning plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment