Monday, January 25, 2016

Even with all of the craziness, I still try to train. INKnBURN & the Glass City Marathon give me a goal, direction & an overall "feel good" when I put on my "feel strong" clothes. When I think my life is falling down around me, a run clears my head, floods my brain with feel-good chemicals & gives me a break from worrying.
 
I've made up my mind that I am training for the Glass City FULL marathon. *disclaimer* I have not signed UP for any of the races, yet. I may still need to drop to the 1/2 marathon if Jim takes an unexpected turn & "the bottom falls out" of my training... but for now, my eyes are fixed on 26.2 miles, this Spring. I am also prepping to do my missed races from last Spring & Fall: Michigan's Martian Marathon, my ultra at Woodstock & Detroit's full marathon.  I want to do the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's 1/2, again, &, of course, our local Toledo Roadrunners events- Black Swamp Festival of Races, MacQueen's Run For Your Life, some fun themed shorter races, etc. --If I can avoid CLUMSY injuries, I should have a strong year... if I can keep the rest of the family on the road to good health... well... that would be PERFECT!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you and excited to share this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete