Sunday, November 30, 2014

I'm a member of our local running club, Toledo Roadrunners Club. Every month we receive a newsletter. It's a small magazine, really. Included are race stats, stories, profiles or experiences from local people in the group. Also included are fliers for upcoming races. -I swore I would NEVER pay to run... & now, here I am, pouring over numerous, multi-colored papers advertising races in different locations, different charities and different post race goodies. I am comparing dates, prices, distances, etc. -Decisions, decisions... :) -At one time, I physically couldn't run two days in a row. Now I have to fit work around race schedules all in one weekend. -Life is improving. My muscular imbalances are being addressed. While still early with the new doctor & YOGA, I feel SOOOO much relief. I am so grateful I toughed it out past the "suck" of running. I reflect on all of the tears & my stubbornness that helped me past the pain of injury. -I am optimistic of advancement, this year. I believe I will surpass anything I have ever done in the past. -One new experience this year, will be to represent the Glass City Marathon as an ambassador. -Being asked to be an Ambassador may not seem like a big deal to some... but to me... it means someone has recognized a passion. Passion doesn't always mean you're the most talented person in the field. It may simply mean you are enjoying yourself and are having way too much fun to quit... & you BLAB about it, all of the time. :) I've been pretty stubborn along the way. Too stubborn to quit...


I know I annoyed my mom as a kid. I tell people that a strong minded young girl isn't a bad thing. If you can CHANNEL that strength... she can help others, lead or inspire... or surprise HERSELF. I am surprised how much passion I have for my family: my girls & husband & for running. I used to be passionate about art... & somewhere along the way... I became a jock. -That's not a bad thing. I am REALLY enjoying it! I am surprised how much tenacity I have to protect my family & my running. I am surprised how much I encourage others to try! I find running mirrors passion OF living. It reminds me passion can still be experienced! Passionate that your muscles & legs are strong and fleeting. Passionate for the mechanics & expansion of your lungs... Passion for the strength & loyalty of your heart... Passion that your brain anticipates, reasons, distorts & embellishes... Passion to see the sights along the route... Passion to be alone... Passion to share with others...


I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful to have my family. I am grateful we are healthy... I am grateful to celebrate my life with a run. "CHEERS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment