Saturday, November 29, 2014

Well-- I started my new blog. I feel kind of self-centered about it. On fb, I'm one person of many sharing experiences. On a blog, I feel like I'm in the limelight (even if no one ever reads it)... & I HATE the limelight. I was always the one that liked artistically making the stage... NOT BEING ON THE STAGE! It's the reason I usually don't join group runs. It's the reason I had such a hard time participating in races. It's the reason I couldn't playfully dress up in a tutu for a fun run race. The idea that I would be scrutinized, not accepted or not perform as I had hoped was debilitating at times.
I've received a lot of positive feedback, however, since I started posting my failures & achievements... my crash & burn stories & my age group award accomplishments. -Sharing the good, the bad & the ugly of running shows that even a "late bloomer" can have some success & advancement. En route, a person come out of their shell a bit, too. It has ALWAYS been a goal of mine: to find people & encourage them to "try".

Culturally & racially: a female is expected to become a matriarch... but at the expense sometimes of her own preferences. I felt I was being selfish doing anything for myself & not just for my husband & kids. There needs to be a balance... but if you've been SO far leaning to the right or left... how do you emotionally bring yourself into the equation, fairly? How can you benefit yourself, too? -My posts have been to "stir" people that didn't think they "could"...

"What if I 'can('t)...?'" -How do you know what you are capable of, if you're too afraid to try? I was immobilized. I had to be "pushed" by a fellow runner & mom. She planted a seed of "can" that I had secretly coveted for a long time... but didn't believe I could cultivate. So I cultivated it in the woods. I knew I "wasn't" a gifted runner but there was something about being in the woods that was beyond running. It was calming...

So... I will work out a few glitches... but I am starting a blog in hopes that I can encourage other introverts to step out of their own head... put down our fears for awhile... tip toe out of your comfort zone... go for a run (or any dream you've secretly wanted to try). Your comfort zone will expand. You may fall on your face... but as any introvert reflects... no one REALLY saw me in the woods... I'll try, again...

1 comment: