Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hey! I've been missing in action. I've been active on my nerdy Facebook page put not blogging, here. This summer had us renovating our house, renovating my shop, PURGING numerous items, planning, prepping & throwing a graduation party, getting the overgrown yard & neglected patio ready for said party, a trip with the national Team Ohio 4-H shooting sports team to Nebraska, working more as I had two employees leave after years of working for us. Both left on good terms & unrelated reasons but it has left me hiring & just picking up some of the slack. It isn't difficult but it has kept me busy. I also applied for & was accepted to be an ambassador for Run Toledo. A new trail run is coming to Oak Openings & they also asked me to help promote it. I am an ambassador for the Viking Dash. Sadly this race is the weekend I will be running the Chicago Marathon. I am promoting the race because it's local but won't be able to participate. I may consider another one of their trail races but everything is revolving around training for Chicago, now, & NOT GETTING INJURED. It would be awful to twist an ankle in a trail race in September before my October marathon!



So the plans for the near future: drop 4-H & help our two girls with school. Hannah is still in high school & doing college credit plus classes at UT. Jillian will be a full time student at the University of Toledo. She is very innocent & quiet. The thought of her going "away" to school would be difficult. She wants to stay home & I am totally ok with that. :) Of course, Jim & I are running. We have some races coming up & plan on staying active. We are enjoying our new beautiful wood floors and cleaned up patio. It's funny how a party & knowing people are coming over lights a fire under you to finish many neglected projects. Now that company is gone, we're enjoying the upgrades.

Life is fast, right now, but too much time to sit is cause for boredom... or a nap. :) I'm pretty "low maintenance." I'm enjoying my race calendar & home life.


No comments:

Post a Comment