Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A fellow runner said: 'You'd probably be faster if you didn't stop to take pictures of so many flowers on your run.' I busted out laughing because it's true. I did a 10:30 mile and everything to a 9:30 mile. I took pictures of some flowers, a couple of snails, chuckled at fat squirrels & skittish chipmunks. I smelled the still lingering scent of Greek Olives holding onto their blooms. The scent is so overpowering sometimes it is almost a thick syrup in the air. I pushed aside a bug flying in slow motion, the same direction I was running on the trail. It was a move from a science fiction movie. I smiled & felt bad for the bug at the same time. I looked for turtles or snakes but didn't spot any, today. I saw walkers & one lady running. I 'waved' at the park rangers as I passed & gave a thumbs up to each walker I saw.

Yep- trail running, even the more manicured trails, are a better time running than the monotonous country roads. Oak Openings is chicken soup for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment