Sunday, November 22, 2015

5 miler on Friday, then I pushed Jim in a wheel chair around the zoo to see the lights. It was very cold & very tiring getting him up & down those long ramps. He has lost more weight but pushing & pulling 170 pounds around the zoo is still a work out.

Saturday was all about work, office work & housework. Snow, Sunday morning, so I HAD to run, today. I couldn't miss the 1st snowfall! I packed up Lucy & we headed to Oak Openings. The trees were beautiful! I've always said winter running is like running in a snow globe. The snow was puffy & packed to every branch on every tree, every leaf-- above & below. I forgot my caffeine. My phone got too cold & shut off. I had no music & no more camera... but Lucy & I had a beautiful time.











I came home & got ready for a planning meeting with fellow Glass City Marathon Ambassadors. It's a group that loves to run & promote the sport- especially locally. I count it a privilege to be in the group.


Now, I get ready to check employee's work for the weekend & take the girls to watch a movie with my sister.

Jim had a tough couple of days but is recouping from Friday's mileage & increase in pace. He needs to be reminded how far he's come, sometimes. I know it's easy to see how far you have to go... rather than how far you've come. 2 weeks before his 1 1/2 mile walk he was barely going 2,000 feet! He used a cane & before that he was barely able to get around with a walker.


We are both on the road, again; & I appreciate that we have the opportunity to each share our comeback story. --Everyone loves a happy ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment