Thursday, April 28, 2016

Today, as I scurried between chores at home, the gym with Jim & end of the month accounting before I go to work, tonight, I was feeling the pressure. Everything has mounted up with marathon training, hospital visits, doctor visits, yard work starting, kids in college that don't drive & need shuttling to classes... I am getting WAY behind.

Jim offered to get Jillian from her early dismissal. He is driving, again. He stripped the bed & started cleaning out the refrigerator- all things on my list & things "over due". I almost started crying. It is such a relief to have him getting better- not just because you don't want to see a person suffering, but because his regained health releases me from extra work. -I don't need to monitor his insulin, give him his medication, make him & bring him his meals, etc. Now, he is self-sufficient with his health. He is even making me dinner when I get home from work. -He is picking the kids up from school & helping clean around the house, again. It is such a relief in more ways than one!

We speak frankly about his health, what we've been through & the direction we are now heading. The Bible says that "bodily training is beneficial for a little"-- but it saved Jim. Bodily training will, again, be in our regiment. I am overwhelmed, in hindsight, of the storm we are coming out of...

Tomorrow, Jim turns 53. He almost didn't turn 53. *Let the weight of that sink in* I couldn't dwell on it, before... I just had to stay busy... This has hit me, today, as he was doing "baby circles" in jest announcing "it's my birthday", tomorrow.

We are gimping back on the road to recovery... but we ARE moving in the right direction.
I will be reflecting on this, tomorrow, more than usual, as we drive to run errands & have a 53rd "trip around the sun" celebratory lunch. We have a clean slate & the future looks pretty optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment